- Other characteristics
Max.: 187 m³/h (6,603.84268 ft³/h)
Min.: 1.6 m³/h (56.50347 ft³/h)
200 psi, 250 psi, 300 psi, 450 psi (4,351.132 psi)
Pumps / Positive Displacement Pumps
The Universal 2 positive displacement pump modified – specifically designed for the pulp and paper industry.
Key advantages of the SP (starch pump) Universal 2 Paper Industry Pump in paper mill applications:
• – Pumps filled with settled slurries will start without damaging pump or seals
• – Pump with water flushed seals can run dry indefinitely
• – Low shear pump will not harm sensitive polymers or cooked starch
• – Smooth pulsation free flow
• – No internal rotor contact
• – Shaft timing less critical than lobe pump design
• – Typically requires less horsepower than Progressing Cavity
• – Bearing Isolators available
Waukesha Cherry-Burrell, an SPX FLOW brand has been a leader in the design, manufacturing and application of external circumferential piston (ECP) style, rotary positive displacement pumps. Our Positive Displacement pumps are in thousands of challenging chemical and industrial applications.
The ECP positive displacement pump offers a number of unique advantages. This pump will handle settled slurries that jam up lobe pumps or progressing cavity pumps with ease. It also imparts very low shear forces to the pumped product, far lower shear than lobe pumps or progressive cavity pumps. The ECP pump is designed for 300°F (149°C) and is not damaged by hot products. If we flush the mechanical seal, the pump can run dry forever as there is no internal contact.
The ECP positive displacement pump has features the paper industry has demanded for a long time.